LAVENDER (Lavandula angustifolia):
Antiseptic, Stress Reduction, Calming, Anti-Insomnia, Soothing, Healing
Essential oils are the concentrated high-frequency essences -- or the life blood -- extracted from plants. True pure essential oils aren't adulterated with manufactured chemicals; they have medicinal and mood enhancing qualities. You can diffuse them, apply diluted oils to your skin or use them to assist in greening your home. All essential oils contain varying degrees of antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that can be especially effective for personal wellness as well as cleansing the home environment.
When we use these oils, we're entering the sacred circle of Life brought to us by the sun, water, air and earth. Everything in nature is a Gift for Life from Life!
May these organic therapeutic gifts of nature help your body, mind and soul find balance and experience harmony with all.
- enjoy inhaling directly from a bottle or add several or more drops to an oil diffuser and inhale the dispersed aromatic molecules
- great for DIY projects including adding drops to your favorite cleaning supplies or counter sprays
- add a drop or two to the final washing machine rinse
- pour 25-35 drops in a 2-oz. mist bottle for a disinfectant spray
- dab a drop or two of lavender on your pillow for a good night's rest
- place a cotton ball with several drops of oil in smelly shoes or locker rooms
- add several drops or more to a foot or bath soak (easy with the peppermint except for your feet)
- place 1-2 drops on a toilet roll to emit a fine fragrance when used
- create your own bug repellent by mixing approximately 30 drops to a mist bottle
- place several drops on window panes to deter pests
- add several drops to a teaspoon of carrier oil to massage your skin
- place a cotton ball with several or more drops of oil on it to a car vent (my favorite with all the exhaust I experience when driving!)
- do NOT use on pets, especially cats
TIP: Diffuse several drops of lavender essential oil to promote a calm, stress free environment.
If using topically, it's wise to put a little on your skin to check for possible skin sensitivity. Dilute with a vegetable or coconut oil, then dab on your inner forearm or wrist for 12-24 hours. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Information on this website is for educational purposes only and not meant to diagnose, cure, heal or prevent any disease. Keep away from children. Not for internal use. If pregnant or nursing or have any allergies, consult your healthcare practitioner before using. Not FDA evaluated. MegEssentials takes no responsibility for any harmful consequences that may occur as a result of using or misusing these applications. Use at your own risk. Thank you for understanding.